Stay up to date with notifications from The Independent

Notifications can be managed in browser preferences.

Two charged with murder after death of three-year-old boy

Tanisha Henry, 28, and Mikael Williams, 30, were charged with murder and causing/allowing the death of a child

A three year old boy died in south-east London last month
A three year old boy died in south-east London last month (PA Archive)

Two people have been charged with murder following the death of a three year old boy from south-east London in January, the Met Police have said.

Isiayah Henry, from Woolwich, died on 19 January after he was admitted to the hospital with serious injuries earlier in the month.

Following an appearance at Woolwich Crown Court on Friday, Tanisha Henry, 28, and Mikael Williams, 30, were charged with murder and causing/allowing the death of a child.

The Met Police said: “Isiayah’s family have been informed and continue to receive support from specialist officers.”

Tanisha Henry and Mikael Williams will appear at Woolwich Crown Court on 22 April
Tanisha Henry and Mikael Williams will appear at Woolwich Crown Court on 22 April (PA Archive)

According to court documents, the pair faced counts of causing Isiayah grievous bodily harm with intent and causing or allowing him to suffer serious physical harm.

Henry of St Mary Street, Woolwich, and Williams, of Beaconsfield Rd, will reappear at Woolwich Crown Court on 22 April.

The Met Police said they were called to the hospital on 3 January after receiving concerns around Isiayah’s injuries. “Despite best efforts of medical staff, the child sadly died on Monday, 19 January,” the force added.

Following initial enquiries, a safeguarding and criminal investigation was launched by officers, and enquiries have been ongoing within the Met’s Specialist Crime Command.

Thank you for registering

Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in